Mountain Gateway is truly concerned about the safety, health and well-being of our students, employees and our community. Policies, plans and procedures are continually reviewed, with training sessions appropriate to procedural needs, to ensure our employees have the most current information readily available to them not only to respond to but to prevent a crisis.
MGCC uses MGCC Alert to deliver important emergency alerts, notifications and updates to you.
Types of MGCC alerts include:
- Campus Emergencies
- Weather Conditions
- Community Alerts
- College Closings or Delayed Openings
Students and the community are welcome to register for MGCC emergency notifications. MGCC Alert is a free service. Your wireless carrier may charge you a fee to receive messages on your wireless device. Text messages will come from 89361 or 87844. Please add them to your contacts for ease of identification.
MGCC will make every attempt to share important information, including alerts regarding emergencies at (or near) college. While a variety of resources will be used to communicate, the College cannot guarantee that incidents will not occur, nor can it guarantee that every student will receive every message. Measures are in place for the safety and protection of students, faculty, staff and visitors, but you are responsible for taking prompt action appropriate for each situation and, when necessary, following the directions of college officials and emergency services personnel.
If you experience any problem or have concerns with this system, please call our Help Desk at (540) 863-2911 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TV monitors in each building and office and classroom phones are programmed to issues alerts
- Quick Reference Guides located in each office that can also be downloaded from the “Learn More” link
- MGCC Everbridge Alert Network which provides campus alerts to any registered email account, cell phone, pager Smartphone, PDA or other handheld device
Please download and read the attached MGCC Weapons Policy
Policy on Bullying
MGCC is committed to maintaining a safe and comfortable environment that facilitates learning and other productive activities. As such, no acts of bullying will be tolerated. Encouraging fighting, using profanity, exhibiting obscene gestures or taking any action to create a climate of imminent danger or instill in others fear of bodily harm are not considered appropriate and will not be allowed. Immediate action will be taken by the administration.
Security and Safety Video
Watch this video to learn more about safety and security procedures on campus:
Title IX Training video
More Security Matters
- 2020 Annual Security Report (ASR – includes Campus Crime Statistics)
- MGCC Sex Offender Policy
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Threat Assessment Team
- Threat Incident Report (form)
- Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence (Title IX/VAWA)
- Quick Reference/Emergency Guide
- RUN. HIDE. FIGHT.® Surviving an Active Shooter Event
Observe or experience something you need to report? Submit a report now!