Take Advantage of Your Opportunities!
What Free Services are Provided?
- Academic Support:
- Educational and Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Selecting Courses
- Administering Career Assessments
- Developing Graduation Plans
- Developing Transfer Plans
- Financial Assistance:
- FAFSA forms and scholarships
- Financial Literacy
Please download and fully complete the SSS Application below. Follow the directions for creating a digital signature and email to Carol Conner, email@example.com.
If you need further assistance, please contact Kristy Casstevens, 540-863-2860, firstname.lastname@example.org or Carol Conner, 540-863-2862, email@example.com.
What is TRIO Student Support Services?
Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded TRIO program designed to provide free academic support and encouragement to students who face economic, social, and cultural barriers to higher education. As a college retention program, SSS helps students meet the rigors of higher education and graduate from Mountain Gateway Community College.
Who is Eligible?
- students whose parents have not earned a bachelor’s degree and/or
- students who meet low-income qualifications or
- individuals who have documented disabilities
Also, SSS participants must be:
- US citizens or permanent residents
- enrolled students at MGCC
- in need of academic support
We look forward to serving you!
Learn more about …
- Upcoming Workshops (under development)
- Virginia Education Wizard
- Upcoming Transfer trips (under development)
- Time Management (PPT)
The Achievement Center is located in Scott Hall, next to the MGCC Library; however most of our services will be offered virtually during the 2020-2021 academic year. The following services will be offered on campus by appointment: limited in-person tutoring and free printing.
|Regular Hours of Operation|
|Monday – Thursday||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am – 3:30pm|
|Monday-Thursday||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am – 12:00pm|